ISSUES ON NUMISMATICS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF LIBRARY COLLECTIONS AND HISTORICAL COLLECTIONS OF THE INSTITUTE OF BOOK SCIENCE OF THE NATIONAL LIBRARY OF UKRAINE V. I. VERNADSKY
At the beginning of the XIX century a large-scale merger of numismatists as scholarsprofessionals and collectors-fans in profile groups. Their activities contributed to the dissemination of knowledge not only in the field of numismatics, but also in general history. Numismatics has passed the centuries-old path of development, and began to be formed from the usual collecting of coins, interest in antiquity. In the Department of Library Collections and Historical Collections Institute of Book Science of the National Library of Ukraine named after. V. I. Vernadsky is currently keeping editions of the second half of the 16th and early 20th centuries concerning numismatics, and in some collections they are even presented in a separate thematic section. For the most part, this edition is from the former library of the Kiev University of St. Volodymyr, the funds of which were transferred in 1925–1927 to the National Library of Ukraine. Among the collections of this book collection, special attention is paid to the edition of numismatics, which is a part of such sections as: the royal library «Collectio Regia» (the book collection of books of the last Polish king Stanislaw August Poniatowski (1732–1798) known in the XVIIIth century) – the fund received in the library of the Kremenets Lyceum, which became the basis of the newly created university college; «Rocks» – a chronologically formed fund for new revenues to the university library, «Divisions» – a fund that has a system-format layout for the fifteen thematic departments. Numismatic editions of the named chronological period, which are in the royal collection «Regia», are featured in it in a separate thematic section (Reg. VII d 3 – Reg. VII d 189. Numismatics). The vast majority of publications of this thematic department at the time of printing belong to the XVIII century, about 13 – to the XVII century, one to the XVI century, several to the beginning of the ХІХ century. Language of publication: German, French, Italian, Russian. Place of publication: Germany (Berlin, Leipzig, Augsburg, Magdeburg, Brandenburg, Frankfurt, Nyurberg, Hannover, Dresden), France (Paris), Italy (Rome, Venice, Naples, Padua), the Netherlands (Amsterdam), Austria (Vienna), Sweden (Stockholm), Russia (St. Petersburg). Among preserved editions: dictionaries from numismatics, guides for learning antique coins, catalogs of collections, publications on the history of numismatics of individual countries and their rulers, reference multi-volumes for the recognition of ancient coins, works of numismatists of the ХVІІ century: Lawrence Beger, Jean Garduana and other. As part of the department «X. History» of the Fundamental Library of the University of St. Volodymyr is a section «X.7.1.–Х.7.25. Numismatics. Metrology. Medals», among the editions of which are commemorative books for collectors of coins, coin catalogs, collections of works of numismatic societies and individual works in this field in different languages and printed in different countries. To the Department of Library Collections and Historical Collections, many book editions on numismatics have been included in the library fund of the Kiev Theological Academy (KTA), for example, the fundamental works of the numismatist and archaeologist I. I. Tolstoy and Shoduar de S. Also, the KTA fund contains collections of works, catalogs and periodicals on numismatics. Several editions related to numismatics are in the book collection of the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra. Some of the editions on numismatics came from the library, the inscription of which is the inscription «Volynsky Provincial Committee for the Protection of Monuments of Art and Antiquity». It was in this library that the copies of the book collection of Baron Shoduars came to the National Library of Ukraine named after. V. I. Vernadsky. Also, publications on numismatics are stored in generic bookshops. In particular, in the generic book collection of the Urbanovsky-Stazhinsky «Zagynets Library», in the book collection of Baron Shoduar and many others. A small number of numismatic publications is also isolated in V. B. Antonovich’s personal collections and in the Polish and French-language collections of the Department of Library Collections and Historical Collectionsю As part of the artificially formed in the second half of the twentieth century. The fund «Periodicals until 1917» contains the magazines «The Old Coin: Numismatic Magazine with Drawings, It Exits Monthly, Except June-August» (1911) and collections of works: «Notes of the St. Petersburg Archaeological and Numismatic Society» (1849 and 1850), «Notes of the numismatic department of the Imperial Russian Archaeological Society» (1906, 1909, 1910). Some editions from numismatics are kept in particular in family book collection of Urbanovskikh- Stazhinskikh «Library of Zaginecka»: “Description of the Roman coins, their varieties, making the model” described and explained by Carlos Patum, New York, 1696, «Engraving On gold medals of the ruler Augustus from the smallest form to the largest form» Vienna 1765, «Museums of France. Numismatics and Precious Stones Guide. Art History Museum», «Research of monuments and coins» Jacobus Elsner (1692–1750). In the book collection of foreign publications were also found for the publication of numismatic subjects. For example, Polish: «Warsaw Antique Store. Catalog No. 3. Numismatics, sphragistics, and treasure», 1914. saved under the designation: Of floor. In 4729. Consequently, numismatic publications stored directly in the department of library collections and historical collections IR Vernadsky National Library currently contemporaries are examples of books and research culture.
Library currently contemporaries are examples of books and research culture.
2. Beger L., Ezechiel S. Observationes et conjecturae in Numismata qvaedam antiqva. Colonia Brandenburgica: Typis Ulrici Liebperti, Electoral.Brandenb.Typogr., 1691.162. p.
3. Patin Ch. Introduction à l’histoire par la connoissance des médailles.-Paris: Chez Ifan du Bray et Pierre Variqvet. 1665. 262 p.
4. Snelli W. De re Nummaria Liber singularis. – Ex Officina Plantiniana Raphelengii, 1613. 72 p.
5. Sestini D. Classes Generales Geographiae numismaticae sev monetae Urbium, populorum et Regum. Lipsiae : In Libraria Gleditschia, 1797. 132 р.
6. Landon, Ch.-P. Numismatique du voyage du jeune anacharsis [Text]: ou medailles des beaux temps de la Grece: ouvrage Dedie au Roi. Paris: Au Bureau des annales du musee, 1818.144 р.
7. Magnan D. Bruttia numismatica, seu Bruttiæ, hodiè Calabriæ, populorum numismata omnia...descripta. Roma, Impensis Fausti Amidei bibliopolae, 1730. 82 p.
8. Bellorii Р. Romani Adnotationes nunc primum evulgatae in XII priorum Caesarum numismata ab Aenea Vico parmensi olim edita: noviter additis eorumdem Caesarum imaginibus majori forma à praestantioribus calchographis aeri incises. Romae : Impensis Fausti Amidei bibliopolae, 1730. 82 р.
9. Eckhel J. Musei franciani descriptio. Pars Prior. Comprehendens Numismata et Gemmas. Kunsthistorisches Museum. Sammlung von Medaillen, Munzen und Geldzeichen. Lipsiae: Litteris Udalr. Christiani Saalbachii, 1781. 432 p.
10. Elsner J. Schediasma criticum quo auctores aliaque antiquitalis monumenta inscriptiones item et munismata emendantur, vindicantur et exponuntur. Berolini: Typis J. G. Michaelis, 1744. 176 p.
11. Schodt, A. Suétone et la Numismatique. Bruxelles: Imprimeur du Roi, 1881. 24 s.
12. Laborde D. Les fonctions intellectuelles et instinctives. Bruxelles: Imprimeur du Roi 1881. 24 s.
13. Köhne. B. Description du musée de feu le prince Basile Kotschoubey d’après son catalogue manuscrit et recherches sur l’histoire et la numismatique des colonies grecques en Russie. Paris: Imprimerie des papiers de la Couronne, 1837. V. 1. 451 р.
14. Antykwarnia warszawska. Katalog Nr. 3. Numizmatyka, sfragistyka, skarbowość. Warszawa :
Kaniewski: 1914. 126 s.